Source: Home Daily News – By Richard
French server has internet access available to the Egyptians a “small window with which to connect by telephone to the network and thus break the blockade imposed by the Egyptian authorities on Friday morning, reported the daily “Le Figaro”. The digital edition of the newspaper notes that the server Gallic French Data Network (FDN), with a “rudimentary”, has provided theInternet with a public switched telephone network (PSTN) the ability to access the Internet.
FDN itself explains on its website that the person with a RTC, instead of dialing the local operator has to note the number listed French (0033172890150) and identify with the user name and password you have made available: “toto.”
“We hope to contribute to this measure to freedom of expression of the Egyptians and allow them to keep a place in the world”, say from NDF, where they consider that the interruption of communication is “a blatant attack by one State against theInternet.”
Mobile phones, which were essential to coordinate the protests of the previous days, were without work during the day yesterday, as tens of thousands of Egyptians took to the streets demanding the resignation of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. Mobile communications, which had been blocked since Friday morning, began to recover in Egypt today, shortly after 10:00 local time but access to theInternet, which also was interrupted on Friday, was blocked first time of day.
- Mass. Company Helps Activists Avoid Online Government Censorship (censorshipinamerica.wordpress.com)
- As Egyptians Push for Change, UN Ban Warns of “Political Instability” (censorshipinamerica.wordpress.com)
- Censorship? Cairo Police Swipe Camera From CNN Crew Covering Egyptian Uprising (censorshipinamerica.wordpress.com)
- Anonymous Targets Egypt Over Internet Censorship (censorshipinamerica.wordpress.com)
- Internet Censorship and Attacks on Journalists Amid Major Street Protests (censorshipinamerica.wordpress.com)
- Egypt: Demonstrators Defy Riot Police, Censorship (censorshipinamerica.wordpress.com)
- Egypt Shuts Off Tech, Tries to Shut Up Protesters (censorshipinamerica.wordpress.com)