Source: The Telegraph
At a meeting in London on Monday, authorities including the Metropolitan Police and the Serious and Organised Crime Agency lobbied for a new system that would allow them to suspend “dot uk” domain names. They have said the measure is needed to tackle online crime.
Yesterday’s meeting was convened by Nominet, the not-for-profit company that controls the registry of “dot uk” domain names. Under laws introduced last year, it faces takeover by the government if ministers believe it is not doing enough to help police…
- Nobody Wants the New .XXX Sex Domain (censorshipinamerica.com)
- Customs Boss Defends Internet Censorship; Says More Is On The Way (censorshipinamerica.com)
- Law School Fights Internet Censorship (censorshipinamerica.com)
- Censorship for Islam Threatens Free Speech (censorshipinamerica.com)
- Our Right To Free Speech Is The Platform For Lobbying Against Media Censorship (censorshipinamerica.com)