The ban comes after internet censorship was relaxed in January, effectively backtracking on the forward-moving policies made at the time.
The censorship was originally imposed by former president Zine El-Abidine Ben Ali, whose regime was toppled at the beginning of this year. Once websites became accessible again a number of adult ones appeared in the the lists of the most visited, which has clearly caused upset amongst the conservative members of the new government…
- Internet Censorship Weekly Recap
- Online Censorship Now Bordering on the Ridiculous in Turkey
- Censorship – 30 Movie, Literature and Performance Censorship Landmarks
- Censorship Fears Over Police Lobbying to Close Websites
- Tunisian Blogger Resigns From Government Over Internet Censorship