Only the People can know the true state of the union. Let your voice be heard!
This is a mass protest by the people and for the people. On July 23, we will congregate in peaceful but angry protest on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
An important cause in this protest is the struggle to peacefully and legally change the policies of the Federal Reserve and corporations’ influences in government. However, we have many causes listed below that are just as important, relevant, and urgent. Some of us are Anonymous, some of us are activists, and some of us are sick and tired of oppression, but we are all one people, and we must unite. We are too divided. Anonymous must unite with environmentalists, who must unite with critics of corporations, who must unite with people against police brutality, who must unite with everyone else to truly solve America’s growing social, economic, and political problems.
This event aims to unite all people of America who want positive social change. What is positive social change? It is progress towards a world in which others are free to live their lives the way they want to, as long as it does not impose on others’ personal rights.
READ THIS PDF FOR DETAILED INFORMATION:
TIME: Saturday, July 23 · 1:00pm – 10:00pm
LOCATION: Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
MORE INFO: #OpAmericaJuly23
CONTACT US IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR DC AND WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
…Write your own speeches so that YOU can tell us what the state of the union is!
-Parking and directions: http://www.thecapitol.net/MapsAndDirections/capitolhillmap.htm
-How to identify the movement: Raise one hand in the air with your pointer finger extended. It represents unity.
-REMEMBER: Bring food and water, and find out how to get more of each, especially water!
-Speeches will be given by people.
-The times are speculative!
Several causes exist for positive, nonpartisan social change. These include:
1. Rejecting any and all forms of Internet Censorship
-Local/National: Anonymous (Who else?)
2. Exposing and Opposing Police Brutality
3. Expressing outrage at the poor condition of our Education System.
4. Exposing the amount of Homelessness and Poverty in the country
5. Demanding the Return of our Troops Home from fighting unjust wars
6.Rejecting Corporate Influence and not accepting Corporations’ Political Involvement.
7. Dealing with bullying
8. Ending the War on Drugs to eliminate drug cartels.
9. Reducing dependency on Fossil Fuels and Plastic
10. Acceptance of all Religious Differences
11. Expressing outrage over the Careless Handling of our Environment
12. LBGT Rights
13. Exposing Industrialized Farming
14. Separation of Religion and State
15. Acceptance of all Cultural Differences
-Sorry, there are not many activist sites about cultural differences for some reason.
16. Questioning the fact that nearly 1% of our population is in Prison
17. Dealing with the Deficit in a Nonpartisan manner
-Can’t help you with a unified group for this! let’s create it!
18. Eradicating the Bipartisan System to unite Democrats and Republicans
Contact these pages and news agencies and tell them about the protest!
If you are a major proponent of one of the issues listed above, let the page know, so that you may assist in the movement!
Together, we can do this. This is our chance. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do this! We will not be marginalized any longer. It is truly a movement for all Americans and for all people. Spread this page to all, especially those activists living in the D.C. area. Use Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, Myspace, Digg, and any other website to spread the word. At the event, bring signs supporting what you have come here to protest, and do not criticize what others have come to protest.