Let’s cut to the chase. Why the Hell can’t this country get a grip on the reality that WE NEED GAY RIGHTS, AND WE NEED THEM NOW?!?! What is the problem? I can’t figure this one out. If you can, please give me some insight. Leave a comment or send me an email. I want to understand why. And by the way, I am not gay. I just believe that ALL PEOPLE should be extended equal rights without persecution, discrimination, etc. What will it hurt to allow same sex marriage? What will it hurt to allow gays in the military? What will it hurt to allow gay men and women from serving in public office without ridicule?
The only thing I can figure is that once these things are allowed as a mainstream practice, the current faction of power in society will be threatened by those of us that have an open mind, an open heart, and have forward, progressive ideas. This isn’t the stone ages people. Get a grip! These things are a reality. A reality most of us still refuse to accept. Well, I’m here to tell you all, we better get our shit together! Many, many people are being hurt by this bullshit way of thinking.
What does this have to do with censorship you ask? Everything! This is the ULTIMATE form of censorship! This is the oppression of ideas, of human rights, of an entire culture! This has to be stopped! NOW!
I know I am just one guy with a website, writing his opinion. I know that I probably won’t make much of a difference on this. However, if more people write about it and talk about it, eventually our society will overcome this. They don’t have a choice in the matter. Like I said before, this is not going to just go away, nor should anyone expect it to. Lets get it together folks.
If you are interested, there are some very good videos on this subject on our videos page. Check them out!
- Stonewall is split by row about same-sex marriages (independent.co.uk)
- MSNBC’s Brewer, Citing Viewer Emails, Finds ‘Religious Kooks’ Culpable for Homosexual Student Suicide (newsbusters.org)
- Police detain anti-gay protesters in Moscow (sfgate.com)
- Gay wedding ceremony a first for Nepal (cbc.ca)
- An Argument for Gay Marriage (socyberty.com)
- Moscow gays hold first unimpeded rights protest (reuters.com)
- A Message for Gay & Lesbian Teens from a Survivor Victim & an Activist (lezgetreal.com)