Facebook is one of the world’s busiest websites, second only to Google, according to Alexa. One would think that with such a diverse, broad reaching audience, Facebook would set a better example for everyone else. Apparently, freedom of expression is not what Facebook is all about. It’s more like, freedom of political correctness, unless you are spamming, then anything goes. And don’t disagree with others too much, or you might be labeled as an “abusive” commenter.
Today The Wall Street Journal reports on one such case.
It would appear that nothing short of a lawsuit will clean things up at Facebook
Update 12/18/2010 I was blocked from commenting on a post on a group that I am a member of. Apparently if a handful of people disagree with someone then they can get Facebook to block them by filing frivolous reports. That is not how it is supposed to work. If a group owner does not like someone they can simply remove them from THEIR group and delete anything they don’t like. Facebook is engaging in blatant censorship and harassment.
- Facebook – come clean on censorship!
- Demand an end to Facebook‘s censorship of Tom Burke and the NCFRP
- Facebook Censorship: Everybody Draw Muhammad Day Deleted
- Facebook’s censorship of left must be fought
- Facebook = Censorbook
- ‘Everybody Draw Mohammed’ Page Briefly Vanishes Due to Facebook Glitch–Censorship?
- Q&A with photographer Claudia Hehr about Facebook nude photo censorship on Breast Cancer Fan Page
- Shame On Facebook For Censorship!!!
- Anti Censorship Initiative Against Facebook‘s Ban on Photos of Breastfeeding
- Ways Around Internet Censorship
- Who’s censoring Facebook: The powers that be or the forces of the mob?
- Australia’s censorship targets Facebook and game reviews-Inquisitr
- Ricardo Palmera Supporters Defy Facebook Censorship
- Angela Denio and Josh Sykes Speak Out on Facebook Censorship
- Facebook censorship illegal-Wired
- My Dog’s Facebook Profile Got Shut Down
- Libertarian Party protests Facebook censorship of its marijuana legalization ad
- A Censor-tive Topic – Part One
- It’s Official